Thursday, November 17, 2005

Contacting contributors

It occurs to me that, once some discussions get going on this blog and we start to get to know the personalities behind the nicknames of regular contributors, some of you may prefer to get in direct email contact with each other. Let's face it, you probably don't want all your thoughts displayed in public! I imagine there'll be times when one-on-one conversations would be more appropriate.

Since one purpose of this blog is to develop a community of former members, I've tried to think up a mechanism that would enable contributors to exchange their email addresses without publicly placing them on the blog. Of course, you can display your email address publicly in your comments if you wish, and simply ask the other party to contact you. However, if you don't want to do that, here's what I suggest.

If you want to exchange private emails with person-X, simply use the comment function below this post to ask X if they are willing to swap email addresses with you. If X wants to do that, X can say so via the comment function, then both of you can send a brief email to me saying who you want to contact. I would then simply forward your emails to each other. You would then have each other's email address and could begin private communication. (I would not pass on your email address to anyone else without your permission.)

Does this sound workable? Do let me know if you have a better idea of how to do this. In the meantime, I'll be happy to forward emails as described above, if you wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Click << Home to see articles posted more recently.