Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mahikari Basics - new site

I've just launched a new website designed specifically for people who are looking for information to help them decide whether or not to join Sukyo Mahikari. It's called "Mahikari Basics" because...well, it's an overview of the basic sort of information that I think people will want to know in those circumstances.

You will recognize some of the material from other sites (some has been slightly rewritten to suit the intended audience). Other material was written specifically for this site. I tried to keep each section fairly brief so that it would be easy for readers to get a quick overview of the main Mahikari issues, but I also embedded links to other sites where more detailed material can be found.

The site URL is: http://mahikaribasics.bravehost.com/

Anyway, do have a look and tell me what you think. All constructive criticism gratefully received!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Website seems to be interesting though I would I think one "important" point has not been invesitgated. It is said that Mr.Okada gave his Omitama of Yo to his daughter/Mr Sekaguchi before his death (Both have their own claims about this). How could someone possibly know/predict about his death?. Did this incident of actually giving the Omitama that he did wear (to either of them) ever happen?. As far as I can tell Mr Okada was not suffering from any long term /serious illness that he could forsee his death (I have heard he died of a heart attack....)

June 05, 2006  
Blogger Anne said...

Good point!

I guess SM members who believe Okada's claim of receiving communications from God would assume that God also told him to pass on the Omitama of Yo because he was about to die. However, you are right...once we question the claim that Okada was in communication with God, then everything else becomes open to question as well.

The Omitama of Yo is a prominent feature of the succession debacle, but I don't recall any of Okada's teachings specifically mentioning the Omitama of Yo. What exactly was this?

In discussions of the succession, there is mention of multiple omitamas worn by Okada...why? Where did these come from? Was one of them an SKK omitama? Why was the Omitama of Yo specifically called the "Yo" omitama?

Okada claimed he had been given the role of Yo...but why was this particular omitama called that, rather than, for example, the "Omitama of sumei godo"?

There might be something about this omitama in parts of SM publications that I've not read. Do you know where I can find references to this omitama outside the context of the succession question?

June 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does any one know what the johrei omitama looks like? I am really curious. In one of the earlier studies I remember a kanbu stating that the omitama was simply worn round the neck without being wrapped. Can you see the picture now?

November 15, 2006  
Blogger Anne said...

Hi Anonymous,

Sorry, but I've never seen a picture of a jorei omitama/pendant...do they call it an "omitama"?

If you do manage to find a picture, I'd be curious to see it too.

November 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI ANNE,
iN JOHREI THEY CALLIT THE FOCAL POINT OR THE OHIKARI. I CANNOT SEEM TO FIND A PICTURE BUT MAYBE SOMEDAY WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET IT.

November 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Click << Home to see articles posted more recently.